2.24.2009

Sleep

Last night I slept about 10 or 11 hours. Tonight I went to bed early because I needed to get up early to take Dad to have eye surgery. I even took something so I could go to sleep. Here I am at four am wide awake. I think I slept about five hours tonight. Elusive sleep is so frustrating. One of these days I hope to be on the same schedule as the rest of the world. Work during the day, sleep at normal hours. For now, I'm here wide awake at four am.

You know, I'm going to leave that paragraph above. One thing I have noticed lately is my negativity. I don't know where it's coming from but I don't like it. I don't want to be Negative Nancy. I want to be a positive person in all situations. This is the main thing I'm asking God to work on right now in my life.

2 comments:

erin said...

The phrase "Negative Nancy" made me smile, but I completely relate to your point. I feel like I'm a very negative person as well, and I know that doesn't honor God or do me any good, so I want to change. But it's hard! (And there I go being negative again!)

jenny said...

I totally understand about random insomia-like issues... Dr. Stephenson at Union always talked about melanin...have you tried it?