2.28.2009

It's been a tough week

Three times this week I stood in the room while the doctor delivered the news. Lymphoma, melanoma and a brain tumor. Three days in a row I watched the emotions run across the faces of three very young individuals and their family members. Three days in a row I had to step in after the doctor left the room and explain what we needed to do next. I almost felt responsible for their grief but I know the images I took could save their lives. We might have caught it in time. We might have.

1 comments:

jenny said...

India, that must be so tough...but I am so glad that you are there for those people when they need you. And I'm really glad that you are trained to really help save peoples' lives. Thank you so much...

PS-It is totally less than three months from your wedding. How awesome is that!?!