1.03.2009

A Good Day


Today I got to watch Zach Howell play in his Upwards basketball game. I loved it! So much action for such small kids. Then we went to Cracker Barrel, a Howell and Hickman favorite. Zach talked me into the biscuits and gravy and I'm so glad he did. Delicious! Thanks Zach!

Then I decided to go home to have dinner with Mom and Dad. On my way I stopped by the Climer's, my adopted grandparent's house. I call them my adopted grandparents because all of my grandparents have passed away. So they gave me my Christmas gift and lots of frozen vegetables. It was a silver spoon that my great-grandmother had given them 48 years ago for their wedding. I don't know that I've ever gotten such a special gift. We cried together. It was definitely a special moment for both of us.

Anyway, after supper with Mom and Dad we watched I Am Legend. Talk about creepy. I still enjoyed it though. Then I exercised. It's only January 3rd and this was the second day I've exercised. Hopefully this will become a new habit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aw, sounds like a great day! thanks for starting the day with the Howells! It was a ton of action for little kids...and Country Barrel...Country Kitchen..."Its CRACKER BARREL NANA!" was gret fun. Especially the part when everyone left us girls at the table :) I'm glad the rest of your day got better and better! You deserve a special day India. Love ya!
Jen

Anonymous said...

So excited about your gift from the Climers, India. Very special gift for a very special year. Miss you! Happy New Year!
Aimee